This is a Christian inspirational site. Bethelstone suggests a touchstone where believers can find inspiration and engage meaningfully to help all of us make better sense of our common faith

Saturday, June 11

Breakthrough series 9: No double jeopardy



My country had an unjust political model, but now has one progressive constitution for all.

However, it won't change much for all its power until we all know what we have got and how to apply it.

When I spoke of us asking for more on the side or expecting something in addition to the cross, I alluded to an even greater dispensation.

Through the cross of Jesus I have peace with God, hope, the right to petition God, to rely on his justice, walk in his favor and live a fulfilled life.

I am exonerated because double jeopardy is wrong to God. Jesus paid for my offences and that settled my account.

For example, a lottery called a man to serve in Vietnam. His brother took his place and died in the war. He was called up again, but argued that to die the death his brother had died for him, was double jeopardy.

We are rarely wretched because God rejects us, but because we do not know what we have nor how to assert it. Religion only makes us feel better, but the cross changed everything.

(c) Peter Missing: bethelstone@gmail.com

No comments: